Bernhard Baron Cottage Homes are looking for a caring and enthusiastic Night Carer for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. The shifts are from 9pm to 7am. There will always be two of you on duty with backup provided.
We provide extensive and continuous training, a good salary (£7.70 per hour if you have NVQ2, otherwise £7.20 plus enhancements weekends and bank holidays), a generous pension plan and a great working environment. Please apply .
If you have any questions, please call one of our care managers on 01323 483613 or email email@example.com.
click here to apply online
or download a
NIGHT CARE ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
Accountable to: Care Manager
Aim of Homes: To help residents to enjoy life to the full, have peace of mind and a sense of security in familiar surroundings in their closing years. This is the residents’ home and this must always be remembered.
Purpose of the position: At BBCH we pride ourselves in providing the highest standards of care in a clean, safe and stimulating environment. As part of a “Total Care” team the Night Care Assistants ensure teh well being and comfort to all Residents during the night, especially those in the Main Building.
Night Care Duties
- Give Residents any help required, promoting independence and individuality.
- Offer support and care throughout the night according to need.
- Assist Residents with personal hygiene and grooming when required e.g. getting up and getting ready for bed, washing, dressing/undressing/toileting, catheter care.
- Give “Total Care” and carry out duties as instructed by Senior Staff or members of the Primary Health Care Team (GPs and Nurses).
- Make and change beds as required.
- Give care according to care plans.
- Record progress and changes in the residents’ care plans and alert day staff of necessary items at handover.
- Be polite and courteous to Residents, relatives and visitors to the Homes.
- Serve Residents with refreshments when asked.
- Be aware of the security of the main building and be familiar with the locking up and unlocking procedure of the building.
- Answer the telephone at night.
- Understand the call system and procedure for calling back up staff for any situation requiring three or more people.
- Attend the Cottages when assistance is needed.
- Administer medication when instructed by Senior Care person.
- Do laundry, ironing and light sewing as required.
- Lay up breakfast trays and undertake any other kitchen tasks as required.
Perform such other duties as may be reasonably required to ensure the comfort and well being of our our resident’s.
Personal: Your personal presentation is important, so we have summarised some key points:
- Report for duty on time and in a fit condition to carry out all required duties
- Take care of your appearance
- Wear uniform as required, flat suitable shoes, no jewellery (with exception of wedding rings,) minimum make up may be worn, hair to be neat and tidy
- Wear protective clothing when needed, keeping in mind our high hygiene standards
- Understand the importance of keeping fit and healthy
- Promote a high standard of personal hygiene and behaviour
- Work well with residents and staff
- Be aware of all the Homes Policies and Procedures and participate in any training required.
- Care is provided 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, so you are likely to be required to attend on occasional weekends or bank holidays.
- You will be expected to participate in Homes fund raising activities such as the Summer Fayre and Coffee Mornings. If these fall outside normal working hours you are still expected to actively participate (no more than 3 times a year).
- You will ensure the highest Health and Safety standards are maintained at all times for yourself, the residents and other staff or visitors.
- Keep motivated, attend staff meetings, training courses and supervisions as required.
- Comply with all Homes policies and procedures. Be polite and courteous to residents, relatives, colleagues and visitors to the Homes.
- Take on any task reasonably requested whether it fits into your job description or not. Be prepared to give a little more than is always required.
Hours: You will be expected to work 10 hours per night on a rota including weekends and bank holidays. You will be provided with a fixed rota, though this may change from time to time as staffing requirements change.
You are expected to report for duty 10 minutes before the specified time, in a fit condition to carry out all required duties.
There are break times for all staff but we must all remember that the needs of the Homes and the residents always come first.
Knowledge and experience:
|Experience of working in a similar function
|Having a broad knowledge of care
|An awareness of health and safety and COSHH regulations
Skills and attributes:
|Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and different staff teams
|Effective communication skills
|Planning, admin and organisational skills with ability to prioritise workload effectively
|Affinity with IT systems
|Understanding issues of confidentiality
|Understanding and awareness of the needs of the elderly.
- A basic salary plus enhancements on weekends and bank holidays
- free training
- 10% pension contribution
- Paid breaktimes
click here to apply online or Download a Word Staff-Application-Form or